TV without the Mouse?

What non-kid channel tv do you let your kids watch? When are kids ready for "real" tv? Having an almost 9 year old is so hard, ya'll! I know lots of kids her age are watching network tv. Until recently about 95% of the tv watched before 8:00pm in our house was on Disney, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon or PBS. The other 5% was syndicated shows like Brady Bunch and Full House. Recently we have started DVRing a couple of reality shows to watch with her. She and I watched Kid Nation together this fall. We watch Jon and Kate + 8, Little People Big World, Run's House and America's Funniest Videos too. One of the main reasons we watch together is so I can skip the commercials. All of these shows are very G rated in content, but I do not want her seeing the ads on during these shows, especially MTV. This comes up tonight because American Idol is starting. I haven't watched much since the first season, except for the audition shows. I love all the bat shit crazies that come out of the woodwork to be on tv. And I thought she might too (the kid does love her some Jon and Kate, and Pete knows that mom ain't right!) so I am DVRing it for us to watch tomorrow. We'll see what she thinks.

1 comments:

My confession is that I let them watch America's Next Top Model. Because I am addicted to it.

January 15, 2008 at 11:14 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home